The Stephen “Miggy” Chavez Scholarship will be awarded to students who meet the following criteria:
- Fully admitted and enrolled into Miami Dade College’s Animation Art or Game Development and Design Program
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.00 or students with high potential as determined by the department chair.
- Provide a 100-word essay on the following topic: In what ways can game developers combat game addiction?
- Demonstrated financial need based on federal financial aid standards and the College’s Financial Aid Office.
- Submit the application
- Letter of recommendations from Faculty
- Submission Deadline: May 31st, 2020.
Recipients will be chosen principally on the basis of academic performance or potential, and the extent of unmet financial need.