The Stephen “Miggy” Chavez Scholarship will be awarded to students who meet the following criteria:
- Fully admitted and enrolled into Miami Dade College’s Animation Art or Game Development and Design Program
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.00 or students with high potential as determined by the department chair.
- Provide a 100-word essay on anti-cheating on video games.
- Demonstrated financial need based on federal financial aid standards and the College’s Financial Aid Office.
- Submit the application
- Gaming applicants are required to submit a 500-word essay describing a game concept that he/she would to develop.
- Submission Deadline: May 31st, 2018.
Recipients will be chosen principally on the basis of academic performance or potential, and the extent of unmet financial need.