Univision Communications Inc. is an American media company serving Hispanic America. Dating back to the first Spanish-language television network in the U.S. in the early 1960s, UCI has evolved into a multimedia company with 16 broadcast, cable and digital networks; 61 television stations; and online and mobile apps, products and content creation facilities in Miami, New York and Los Angeles. UCI’s headquarters is in Midtown Manhattan, New York City.
The Univision Scholarship will be awarded to students who meet the following criteria.
- Fully admitted and enrolled into Miami Dade College’s Animation Art or Game Development and Design Program
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.00 or students with high potential as determined by the department chair.
- A letter of reference from teacher or counselor that addresses the student’s inclination toward an animation and gaming career.
- Demonstrated financial need based on federal financial aid standards and the College’s Financial Aid Office.
- Submit the application
- Animation applicants are required to submit 3 drawings or sketches with their application.
- Gaming applicants are required to submit a 500-word essay describing a game concept that he/she would to develop.
- Submission Deadline: May 31st, 2020.
Recipients will be chosen principally on the basis of academic performance or potential, and the extent of unmet financial need.