The Stephen “Miggy” Chavez Scholarship will award two students with an annual award of $1,600. Students who meet the following criteria will be elegible to submit an application:
- Fully admitted and enrolled into Miami Dade College’s Game Development and Design Program.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.00 or students with high potential as determined by the department chair.
- Provide a 100-word essay on the following topic: “In what ways can game developers combat game addiction?”
- A letter of reference from teacher or counselor that addresses the student’s inclination toward an animation and gaming career.
- Demonstrated financial need based on federal financial aid standards and the College’s Financial Aid Office.
- Submit the scholarship application.
- Submit a 300-word essay on the following topic: “In what ways can game developers combat game addiction?”
- Letter of recommendation.
- Submission Deadline: May 31st, 2021.
Recipients will be chosen principally on the basis of academic performance or potential, and the extent of unmet financial need.