Unreal Engine is the world’s most open and advanced real-time 3D creation tool. Continuously evolving to serve not only its original purpose as a state-of-the-art game engine, today it gives creators across industries the freedom and control to deliver cutting-edge content, interactive experiences, and immersive virtual worlds. The Epic Unreal Scholarship Fund will award students pursuing a career in gaming and immersive technologies (VR/AR) the opportunity to develop skills needed to create VR games and sharing with the Unreal community projects developed at MAGIC using the Unreal Engine.
THE EPIC UNREAL SCHOLARSHIP
The Epic Unreal Scholarship will be awarded to students who meet the following criteria.
- Fully admitted and enrolled into Miami Dade College’s Animation Art or Game Development and Design Program
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.00 or students with high potential as determined by the department chair.
- A letter of reference from teacher or counselor that addresses the student’s inclination toward an animation and gaming career.
- Demonstrated financial need based on federal financial aid standards and the College’s Financial Aid Office.
- Submit the scholarship application.
- Animation applicants are required to submit 3 drawings or sketches with their application.
- Gaming applicants are required to submit a 300-word essay describing a game concept that he/she would to develop.
- Submission Deadline: May 31st, 2021.
Recipients will be chosen principally on the basis of academic performance or potential, and the extent of unmet financial need.