THE DISCOVERY LATIN AMERICA SCHOLARSHIP
Discovery Networks Latin America, or Discovery, offers “a portfolio of channels, led by Discovery Channel and others networks, that are distributed in every pay Tv market in the Latin American.” The division offers over 8 channels in two languages (Spanish and Portuguese for Brazil) with “channel feeds customized according needs of advertising and sales opportunities.
“The Discovery Latin America” Scholarship will be awarded to students who meet the following criteria.
- Fully admitted and enrolled into Miami Dade College’s Game Development and Design Program
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.00 or students with high potential as determined by the department chair.
- A letter of reference from teacher or counselor that addresses the student’s inclination toward an animation and gaming career.
- Demonstrated financial need based on federal financial aid standards and the College’s Financial Aid Office.
- Submit the application
- Gaming applicants are required to submit a 500-word essay describing a game concept that he/she would to develop.
Recipients will be chosen principally on the basis of academic performance or potential, and the extent of unmet financial need.